Close to 400 Trained Volunteers in State to Help Provide Relief
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Ann Gregson Office: (317) 684-4364; Cell: (317) 538-2269
INDIANAPOLIS, June 11, 2008 – Volunteers from Red Cross chapters across the United States have arrived in Indianapolis to work alongside Indiana Red Cross volunteers to assist with relief efforts.
Hoosiers needing assistance should call 1-866-GET-INFO to receive shelter locations and other vital information.
CURRENT RED CROSS SHELTERS OPEN:
- Johnson County: Community Church of Greenwood, 1477 W. Main St., Greenwood, IN
- Morgan County: Martinsville High School, 1360 E. Gray St., Martinsville, IN
- Bartholomew County: Northside Middle School, 1400 27th St., Columbus, IN
- Owen County: Spencer Elementary, 151 E Hillside Ave, Spencer, IN
- Vigo County: Terre Haute North High School, 3434 Maple Ave, Terre Haute, IN
- Davies County: North Davies High School, 5494 E. State Road 58, Elnora, IN
- Lawrence County, IL: Parkside Elementary, 1900 Cedar St., Lawrenceville, IL
- Teams continue to assess damage in the affected areas.
Red Cross is setting up Client Service Centers where Red Cross caseworkers will meet one-on-one with families to verify their specific disaster-caused needs, help them develop recovery plans, and provide emergency assistance.
Fifteen Red Cross Emergency Response Vehicles (ERVs) are servicing the various flood-affected areas. Food for mobile feeding is being prepared at a Southern Baptist kitchen located at the Friendship Baptist Church, 1600 Westview Dr., Franklin, Ind.