UPDATES: RED CROSS SERVICES IN DUBUQUE, CLAYTON AND WINNESHIEK COUNTIES
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Emily Szeszycki at Office: (563) 583-6451; Cell: (563) 599-5656
Dubuque, IA, June 15, 2008 – The American Red Cross is responding to the ongoing needs of those impacted by severe flooding in Winneshiek, Dubuque and Clayton counties. The following services will be offered today:
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served by Red Cross volunteers and community members at Elkader Central Community School, 400 1st St NW from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday.
- Clean-up kits will be available at the Elkader Fire Department, 209 S Main Street from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday.
- Mobile client casework teams will be in Elkader and Garber Sunday.
- Clean-up kits will be available at the Farley City Hall, 202 First St NW from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday.
- Clean-up kits will be available at the Worthington Memorial Hall, 300 Park Drive from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday.
- Red Cross volunteers will be out in the streets of Dubuque County distributing additional clean-up kits as needed.
- Clean-up kits are available at the Decorah Fire Department, 400 W Clairborne Drive from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday.
For more information on how the Red Cross is responding to the Central United States floods and tornadoes, visit our blog at https://redcrossmidwestflooding.wordpress.com/.
All American Red Cross disaster assistance is free, made possible by voluntary donations of time and money from the American people. You can help the victims of thousands of disasters across the country each year, disasters like floods and tornadoes by making a financial gift to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund, which enables the Red Cross to provide shelter, food, counseling and other assistance to victims of disaster. The American Red Cross honors donor intent. If you wish to designate your donation to a specific disaster please do so at the time of your donation. Call 1-800-REDCROSS or 1-800-257-7575 (Spanish). Contributions to the Disaster Relief Fund may be sent to your local American Red Cross chapter or to the American Red Cross, P. O. Box 37243, Washington, DC 20013. Internet users can make a secure online contribution by visiting www.redcross.org.