The Red Cross welcomes media partners in all Red Cross managed and Red Cross partner shelters.
Upon arriving at the shelter, please ask for the public affairs contact person. If unavailable, please contact the shelter manager for assistance.
Our first priority is service and comfort to disaster victims. Please review the following guidelines, as they will help meet our mission and yours.
Respect the privacy of our clients.
- Please provide your contact information to the Red Cross worker.
- Prior to filming or interviews, Red Cross workers will announce your presence.
- Red Cross workers can connect you with clients interested in performing interviews.
- Please do not visit after lights out.
- Please do speak with Red Cross workers. From shelter managers to food servers to drivers, each Red Crosser has a story. If they are unable to answer your questions, please fact check or request other assistance.
Additional information regarding disaster response activity can be found at www.redcross.org.