Photos available to the media for download. Courtesy Dave Knoer/American Red Cross.
Robin Parker and Michael Spencer discuss.
How the Red Cross May Use Your Donation to Help Disaster Victims:
- $25 provides five blankets at an emergency shelter.
- $75 can cover a doctor’s visit for an individual injured in a disaster.
- $350 can provide emrergency food and shelter for 25 disaster victims for one day.
- $2,500 deploys one Emergency Response Vehicle and drivers (including housing and meals for drivers) to a disaster relief operation.
- $3,200 is the average yearly maintenance and fuel for one Emergency Response Vehicle.